Online Occupational Therapy
Expand Your Capacity — Leverage Our National Network of OTs
Since 2009, PresenceLearning has established a nationwide network of fully qualified occupational therapists available live and online to serve your students 1:1 or in small groups. Online occupational therapy from PresenceLearning enables your school district or education agency to:
- Improve outcomes: Online therapy is proven to be as effective as—or better than—in-person therapy
- Expand clinical capacity: “Anytime, anywhere” access to licensed, credentialed occupational therapists plus better access to specialists and culturally and linguistically diverse OTs
- Comply with IDEA mandate for Least Restrictive Environment (LRE): Eliminate the cost, hassle, and missed class time of pulling kids out of class and transporting them to an offsite clinic
- Improve staff schedules and efficiency: Schedule times that work for everyone
- Save time and budget: Eliminate costs and hassles to recruit, screen, contract, train, and manage OTs, pay transportation expenses, or find replacements when clinicians are absent, on leave or no longer with the district
- Gain insight: Real-time monitoring of progress on IEP/504 goals
How does online occupational therapy work?
Our online OTs work in ways similar to our online SLPs with some important differences. Occupational therapy is focused around exercises and activities designed to improve:
- Fine motor skills
- Reading and writing skills
- Sensory processing
- Other motor and integration skills that enable students to access the educational curriculum
Because of these differences, the PresenceLearning OT would work with your on-site paraprofessional who is available on-site for assistance. PresenceLearning clinicians use our secure, web-based therapy platform to deliver therapy sessions. The technology requirements are a computer with an Internet connection; PresenceLearning provides the required webcam(s) and headset(s) plus the support to make sure everything works smoothly.
What does research say?
Research shows that online occupational therapy produces comparable outcomes related to treatment planning, intervention and client satisfaction.
What do school leaders say?
Your OT has really brought our son out of his shell. Where others failed for 2 years in person at brick and mortar schools, she came through a computer and engaged my son. He really loves and respects her. Class with her is a reward. He really enjoys it! She has touched our whole family.
Your OT is an amazing occupational therapist that has changed both of my sons’ lives.