It’s Day 5 of our “12 Days of Speech” activities campaign! This activity is courtesy of Playing With Words 365, one of our favorite blogs.
Grade Levels: Pre-K – 1st Grade
Lesson Focus: Practice letters & numbers
What You Need:
- Letters & Carrots Sheets (Download here)
- Empty tissue box
- Another smaller box to go on top (I used a popcorn box)
- Large red pom pom for nose
- Brown felt or construction paper to cover the boxes and make the antlers
- White and black felt or construction paper for eyes
- Card stock or card p-5 bg-lightest mb-3board
- Pipe cleaners (not needed if you use card p-5 bg-lightest mb-3board for the antlers)
- Glue (I used both hot glue and tacky glue)
- Step 1: Cover the boxes in brown felt or construction paper.
- Step 2: Stack the small box on top the large box.
- Step 3: Draw antlers on card p-5 bg-lightest mb-3 stock then glue them onto the felt with tacky glue.
- Step 4: Cut out eyes from white and black felt and use hot glue to attach the large red pom pom nose.
- Step 5: Cut out letters and carrots from the sheets into individual card p-5 bg-lightest mb-3s.
Directions (How to Play!):
- Have your child name each letter as he/she feeds them to the reindeer
- Have fun!
Blogger Spotlight: Playing With Words 365
Katie Yeh of Playing With Words 365 has some of the best content for parents and SLPs to use with students and kids. This is the second activity we fell in love with and wanted to share with our readers. Make sure to check her blog!
Remember we are only on Day 5 of our “12 Days of Speech” campaign which means there are more activities to come! Let us know what you think of these activities in the comments below.
Keep in the loop when new activities are shared on our blog by “LIKE”-ing us on Facebook and following us @PresenceLearn on twitter! Happy Holidays!
Source: Playing With Words 365