Our Product Marketing Director is responsible for supporting new growth initiatives into the allied health care space while deepening our existing services in education. You will research, analyze and define the go-to-market requirements, messaging and stakeholders for new markets, and segments within existing markets. The Product Marketing Director will define the demand for new services, and execute the go-to-market strategies to enable the success of the Marketing, Product Development, Clinical, Finance and Operations teams.
The ideal candidate will be adept at communicating technical requirements, have a mind for strategic positioning decisions, and a strong, proven ability to communicate both internally and externally. You will become an expert on PresenceLearning’s services, including what customer pain points they address, how they enable our sales team, and how they are differentiated from competitive offerings. You will help drive the product launch process and work within our marketing team to conceive and develop all aspects of new service offering requirements. You will provide analysis and positioning for new content and create sales enablement documents. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. We are looking for someone with strong people skills who has experience working with cross-functional teams, as this position sits at the intersection of the company’s product management, demand marketing and sales teams, and will have executive visibility. The position reports to the VP of Marketing.
Our headquarters are in San Francisco, CA.
- Conduct market research and analysis focusing on emerging customer segments. Clearly define and articulate the target-buying persona: their needs, pains, challenges, goals, and buying process.
- Effectively segment the target market by size, region, industry or other criteria to ensure effective marketing strategy, messaging, and GTM execution.
- Lead the creation of effective product positioning by regularly assessing competitive offerings and clearly defining PresenceLearning’s differentiated value.
- Evolve the framework for Product Marketing at PresenceLearning, ensuring that new products are clearly aligned with market needs and strategic vision.
- Develop launch plans with Marketing & Sales – developing product collateral and sales tools and general support of the launch plan.
- Collaborate with key functional areas to build capacity to serve the new markets or segments including product development, clinical, operations and finance to ensure alignment in the execution of defined customer segment strategy.
- Serve as initial “go to” expert who can craft appropriate responses to initial customer inquiries and sales team requests for service information, market information, sales tools and other collateral support.
- 6-8 years technology and/or health care product and/or product marketing experience or other relevant experience with proven capability to execute product strategy (health care, healthcare, health-care)
- Proven ability to develop go-to-market strategy, KPIs, customer segmentation and market insights.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Superior communication skills, including formal presentations to a variety of audiences including internal stakeholders, customers, partners, and senior management. Proven track record of establishing credibility with key business partners, sales, customer support and development.
- Demonstrated success developing effective product positioning and the ability to manage products through product lifecycle
- Proven track record of success in launching products
- SaaS experience desired, plus for health care experience
- A hands-on can-do attitude and willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done—a necessity in our start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, marketing or a related field) or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.
[button color=”#ef701b” link=”https://jobs.jobvite.com/presencelearning/job/oJhm1fw7″ target=”_blank”]Apply[/button]