1) What time is the webinar on Tuesday, July 11, 2017?
|10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
||11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
||12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
||1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
3) What time should I log-in?
We suggest you click the link join the webinar 10 to 30 minutes early. We also suggest you restart your computer before you log in and run any browser updates beforehand.
4) What’s the fee for the webinar?
The webinar is free. Enjoy!
5) What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation of our webinars is very rare but can happen due to extenuating circumstances. Registrants will be notified via email about cancellations as soon as possible. Webinars will be rescheduled if possible and registrants will be notified.
6) What’s the agenda?
Julie Weatherly will present for approximately 90 minutes. For the remaining 30 minutes, Julie Weatherly will conduct a 30-minute Q&A session, answering questions submitted by the audience, through our moderator, Stephanie Taylor. A feedback survey will follow.
7) Who can attend?
While this webinar is designed for special education administrators, educators, and related services providers such as SLPs, OTs, and school psychologists—ANYONE who is interested is welcome to register and attend! If you registered and can no longer attend, don’t worry. Space is currently unlimited.
9) How do I get a Certificate of Attendance?
To receive a Certificate of Attendance, attendees must:
- Attend this live event for the entire (90-minute) duration
- Complete a post-webinar feedback survey
After completing the post-webinar feedback survey, a Certificate of Attendance is automatically emailed to the email address used to join the webinar.
For questions about certificates and continuing education credits, see sections 10-12 (below) or contact us at email@example.com.
10) How do I earn ASHA continuing education units?
To be eligible to earn ASHA CEUs, you must watch the entire live webinar (there is no partial credit) and complete a post-webinar feedback survey. We will provide a Certificate of Attendance that restates course information for your personal records. If you are a current member of the ASHA CE Registry and you provide us with a valid ASHA ID and related information during registration, your participation will be reported to the ASHA Continuing Education Registry. The ASHA Continuing Education Registry processes information for its users within 4 – 6 weeks.
This webinar is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level, Related Area). This course is registered as AANC 1163-001. Subject Code: 7025.
11) How do I earn NASP continuing professional development credits?
To earn NASP CPDs you must have an NASP membership, watch the entire live webinar (there is no partial credit), and submit a post-webinar feedback survey. We will provide a Certificate of Attendance that restates course information for your personal records. It is your responsibility to report your participation to NASP.
This webinar is offered for 2.0 hours of NASP CPD credit (Content areas: Legal, Ethical, and Professional Practice). Course Number NASP 1115-0017-001.
12) How do I earn AOTA continuing education units?
To earn AOTA CEUs, you must watch the entire live webinar (there is no partial credit) and submit a post-webinar feedback survey. We will provide a Certificate of Attendance that restates course information for your personal records.
This webinar is offered for 0.2 AOTA CEUs or 2.0 AOTA Contact Hours for Occupational Therapists. Course content is Intermediate Level, but can be applied at all levels of professional experience. Classification Codes for this course include: Domain of OT: Context and Environment; Occupational Therapy Process: Approaches to Intervention, and; Professional Issues: Legal, Legislative, Regulatory, & Reimbursement Issues. Course Number AOTA 9463-0003-001.
13) Will a recording be available? What about a copy of the slides?
Yes! After the webinar concludes, a link to the recording, PDF of the slides, and any additional materials will be emailed to all registrants, whether you have attended the live event or not. They’ll also become available on our website alongside past webinars.
14) What if I don’t hear anything?
For 30 minutes before the webinar begins, you should be hearing music through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer sound is turned on and the volume is turned up to a comfortable level. The audio is all delivered via your computer (VOIP); there is NO dial-in number to call.
- If you have internal speakers, make sure they aren’t muted.
- If you have external speakers, make sure they are powered on and aren’t muted.
- Make sure you did not lose Internet connectivity.
- Make sure your system has passed the system test located under “Test your system now.”
- If your system is using Adobe Flash Player and you receive a “connection failed” message, it’s most likely due to a proxy server blocking Flash streaming. Please contact your local IT admin.
- If you are using a mobile device, such as an iPhone, make sure you have enough bandwidth. We advise using dedicated wi-fi or 4G.
- If you are using an Apple iPad or iPhone you will need to click on the media play button to begin the presentation. Apple iOS devices do not permit streams to begin automatically.
15) What do I do if I’m still having difficulty?
Close all your browser windows, all applications and reboot your computer. Return to https://pages.presencelearning.com/join-webinar.html and click the “Join Webinar” button. Make sure you have only one window open to the webinar page. If that still doesn’t work, you will still receive a link to recording and all the other material right after the end of the webinar.