Why is this role important?
We are looking for our first DevOps hire to design, build, and own all aspects of our developer infrastructure. Our small-but-mighty engineering team is executing on an ambitious roadmap and we are in dire need of automation among other infrastructure initiatives. This is a vital role on our team especially as we construct the necessary systems and processes to deliver our services in a healthcare setting.
What are examples of work that a DevOps Engineer may do at PresenceLearning?
- Develop a plan for continuous integration
- Optimize deployment process and release automation
- Manage the migration of our backend from RackSpace to AWS
- Implement Docker for containerization
- Better metrics/monitoring/alerting systems
- Set up a configuration management tool
- Move a third-party system, such as Sentry, in-house for compliance purposes
- Extract data from our database and connect to a BI tool
What type of experience profile are we looking for?
- Software engineering experience with strong systems fundamentals
- Well-versed in Python, Bash/Shell/Command Line, Linux
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, or Ansible)
- Expertise with continuous integration development environments
- Familiarity with AWS – the more the better
- Able to produce excellent documentation
- Comfortable with a variety of tools and services (GIT, Docker, Vagrant, New Relic, etc.)
- Talented, passionate, and fun colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation policy – take time off when you need it
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Equipment, workspace, and productivity tools of your choice
This role is based at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA and reports to our VP of Engineering.
[button color=”#ef701b” link=”https://jobs.jobvite.com/presencelearning/job/oehm1fwC” target=”_blank”]Apply[/button]