Why is this role important?
Our mission is to deliver the absolute best experience for people who need to connect and receive services from allied health professionals.We believe that people simply deserve a better experience compared to what they’ve been accustomed to in healthcare. We are looking for a smart, talented frontend engineer looking for an opportunity to delight the user in an often overlooked segment of healthcare.
What are examples of work that a Frontend Engineer may do at PresenceLearning?
- Own frontend development of a best-in-class telehealth marketplace that connects patients to providers
- Improve the usability of critical internal systems such as clinician scheduling, invoicing, and patient management — even minor improvements in these systems have a profound impact on efficiency, effectiveness, and satisfaction
- Prototype a native iOS version of our video therapy platform
- Implement an interface to help clinicians record sessions that parents can play back to see how their children are progressing
- Develop an innovative type of therapy activity that helps nonverbal patients with autism potentially say their first words
- Build a delightful electronic medical record frontend that vastly improves the traditional experience of bloated, heavy, unusable, EMR systems
- Evaluate frontend frameworks and decide which is best for a particular project
What type of experience profile are we looking for?
- Expertise building rich frontend experiences with modern tools – our frontend toolkit is Angular, Less, and Grunt, so familiarity or a desire to learn are a must
- Significant understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, systems engineering, scalability, databases, code optimization, unit testing, debugging, continuous delivery, and version control
- Strong experience with modern browsers and debuggers
- Experience shipping products
- Some experience with native iOS development (Swift, Obj-C) would be a bonus
- Strong opinions on product design and UX
- Work well autonomously as well as a part of a cross-functional team
- A startup-person: hands-on, proactive, sees their role as more than just a job
- Talented, passionate, and fun colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation policy – take time off when you need it
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Equipment, workspace, and productivity tools of your choice
This role is based at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA and reports to our VP of Engineering.