Why is this role important?
You rarely find startups that require the horsepower of an ESB architecture, but that’s the precise challenge that we face. Our expansion into healthcare requires this level of abstraction and we’re looking for an engineer who is up to the task of designing and building a cloud-based ESB from scratch. We expect to use MuleSoft but the technology decision is part of the role. This system, and the role by implication, are hugely critical to our expansion strategy. This is a high profile role that will work cross-functionally among engineering, technical operations, business operations, and product management. The ESB will serve as the foundation for tying together all of our mission critical systems: databases, web/mobile apps, SalesForce, HRIS, ERP, Medical Billing, Tableau, various EMR/EHR systems, Stripe, and who knows what else.
What are examples of work that a System Integration Engineer may do at PresenceLearning?
- Set up MuleSoft to work with our existing services: DB, web applications, and SalesForce
- Build custom connectors/adapters for our internal services
- Train backend product engineers to use your integration APIs
- Create documentation for internal ESB users (product team engineers, business operations team)
- Develop secure APIs/endpoints for third-parties to access information
- Work with business operations team to evaluate new IT systems
What type of experience profile are we looking for?
- Significant prior experience MuleSoft or similar cloud-based ESB
- Expertise in Java
- Understanding of REST and RPC and when to use each
- Python experience desired, but not required
- Good communicator and collaborator
- Talented, passionate, and fun colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation policy – take time off when you need it
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Equipment, workspace, and productivity tools of your choice
This role is based at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA and reports to our VP of Engineering.