Are you here to learn more about our new therapy platform? If so, you’re in the right place. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question that has not been answered.
What are the platform’s benefits?
Here are some of the key features:
- High quality audio and video that even works on slower internet connections
- A simple, streamlined, easy-to-use interface
- Designed to work equally well with 1:1 sessions and small groups
- New types of therapeutic tools and activities
- New online assessments
- Works on Chromebooks
What are the technical requirements?
All students need to receive direct therapy services via PresenceLearning is a computer or iPad® with an Internet connection, an up-to-date browser, a webcam, and an audio headset. Our easy-to-use platform is entirely browser-based, and there is no software to install or maintain. Setup is minimal, and is guided by our exceptional team.
Here’s a list of technical specifications and requirements to help you get started with PresenceLearning:
Device and Web Browser Requirements
- A PC running Microsoft Windows® 7 or later with the latest versions of either Google Chrome™, Mozilla Firefox™, or Microsoft Edge™ web browser. Beginning January 15, 2022, Microsoft Windows® 7 will not longer be supported and Microsoft Windows® 8 or later will be required.
- A Mac® running Apple macOS® 10.12 or later with the latest versions of either Google Chrome™, Mozilla Firefox™, or Microsoft Edge™ web browser.
- A Chromebook™ with an 11.6 inch display running the latest version of Chrome OS™ with the latest version of the Google Chrome web browser.
- A compatible iPad (iPad Air®️ 2nd or 3rd generation, iPad 5th, 6th, or 7th generation, or all iPad Pro®️ models) running Apple iPadOS®️ 13.6 with the latest version of the Apple Safari®️ web browser.
We do not support Internet Explorer on Windows, Safari on macOS, or other browsers not listed above.
Where can I download one of the supported browsers?
If your device does not have a built-in webcam, we recommend an HD webcam. A headset with a microphone is not required but is highly recommended for optimal audio quality.
Access to the PresenceLearning platform on an iPad is available to students only. Providers will be conducting therapy sessions on a desktop or laptop. Assessments are not supported on iPads devices at this time, so students in need of assessment will require a computer for the assessment.
We recommend at least 0.5 Mbps (500 Kbps) for your upload and download speed. If you are unsure, you can run a speed test at https://www.speedtest.net. If possible, a wired Ethernet connection is recommended to resolve location-based connectivity issues.
Security, Firewall, and Content Filtering
|PresenceLearning web applications and services||TCP 443||*.presencelearning.com|
|Real-time data sychronization for joining sessions, therapy activities, therapy environment management, and collaboration features||TCP 443||*.firebaseio.com
|Hosting for third-party assets and libraries||TCP 443||fonts.gstatic.com
|Security certificate verification||TCP 443||ocsp.godaddy.com
|Live video chat during therapy sessions||TCP 443||static.opentok.com
|Live video chat during therapy sessions||UDP 3478||*.tokbox.com
|Live video chat during therapy sessions||UDP 19302||stun.l.google.com|
|PresenceLearning Support Services chat||TCP 443||*.salesforceliveagent.com|
Training videos, guidance, and shared documents for managing services
|For the best possible video chat experience and may be required on networks with congestion issues||UDP 1025-65525||*.tokbox.com
|Therapy content from YouTube||TCP 443||*.youtube.com
|Allows the student to browse the web under the therapist’s supervision||TCP 443||
|Allows the student to browse the web under the therapist’s supervision||TCP 8000||
How can I use the Site Share feature?
The new Site Share feature allows the treating clinician to share their screen with the student during the therapy session. This will give students access to the internet in a supervised and safe environment, and expand access to a variety of web-based interactive therapeutic activities. Sessions can now be instantly tailored to a student’s specific goals or areas of interest to increase engagement.
To enable this feature, the following new domains need to be whitelisted at the school district’s network:
This feature gives the student and clinician the ability to collaborate on interactive activities that weren’t previously available in the virtual therapy room, such as:
- Using therapy websites with therapeutic activities
- Practicing keyboarding skills with an online game that measures WPM
- Looking up a topic or images on the internet
- Working on pre-vocational or self-care skills
For questions or issues, please contact Client Support Services:
Who should I contact if I need assistance?
Our friendly Tech Support team is standing by if you need any assistance. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
How do I know if my computer is compatible with the platform?
Simply visit setup.presencelearning.com to run our Computer Setup Tool. You can print or email the results and the tool makes it easy to contact Tech Support if you encounter any issues.
Google Chrome and Chromebook, are trademarks of Google, LLC
Mac, MacOS, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad OS and Safari are registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Microsoft, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge are registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Modzilla and Firefox are trademarks of the Mozilla Foundation in the U.S. and other countries.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation