This year, special education administrators, educators, and related services professionals have joined PresenceLearning to watch 464,470 minutes (that’s 321 DAYS!) of webinars and videos, and have downloaded thousands of copies of ebooks, white papers, resource kits, and infographics. We work hard to bring you insights from some of the best and brightest minds in the field, and we thank you for your continued interest and support!
In 2017, we brought you professional development webinars by Dr. Lori Desautels, LeDerick Horne and Dr. Margo Izzo, Dr. Randy Sprick, Dr. Howie Knoff, Dr. Jeanne Wanzek, and Dr. Carol Ann Tomlinson, as well as a special summertime legal update on special education law as it pertains to discipline and mental health by Julie Weatherly, Esq. We also updated three ebooks for 2017 on online speech therapy, occupational therapy, and behavioral and mental health; an infographic on Dr. Randy Sprick’s STOIC framework; and nearly 100 pages of brain-aligned strategies from Dr. Lori Desautels. On top of this, we added seven new videos to our library to share what the world of online therapy has to offer students, districts, therapists, and families.
So did you watch the most? With no further ado, here is our most watched and downloaded content of 2017:
- Big Ideas in Neuroscience: Brains, Behavior and Engagement for Students and SPED Leaders by Dr. Lori Desautels
- Aha! Misbehavior is a Puzzle, Not a Threat. Discover the STOIC Framework for Behavior Support by Dr. Randy Sprick
- Come and Get It! A Legal Update on Discipline and Mental Health Issues for Special Ed Leaders by Julie Weatherly, Esq.
- The PresenceLearning Therapy Environment – a clinical tour of our online platform
- Live, Online Psychoeducational Assessments – an overview of how these assessments can be delivered online
- Students Making Bigger Improvements with PresenceLearning – a short documentary video on how a fast-growing Idaho school district uses online therapy to help serve their kids with special needs
- Brain-Aligned Strategies: Addressing the Emotional, Social, and Academic Health of all Students – a resource kit from Dr. Lori Desautels containing nearly 100 pages of great ideas
- Lost and Found: What Works (and What Doesn’t) for Behaviorally Challenged Students – a resource kit from Dr. Ross Greene (and a companion piece to his webinar by the same name) containing materials helpful to implementing the Collaborative and Proactive Solutions (CPS) model in your district
- The STOIC Framework – a handy infographic explaining how to Structure for Success, Teach Expectations, Observe, Interact Positively, and Correct Fluently